CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Meet the Moms - Kimberley

Basic Info
  • 48 years old
  • Married 29 years to Greg (well, almost on August 7th)
  • SAHM, missionary in Mexico and homeschooling Mom to Lottie (6 1/2 years old) and Emma (also 6 1/2 years old). They are not twins but they are only 6 weeks apart in age. Also Mom to two big kids James (27 years old) and Elisabeth, who is getting married this Christmas! (23 years old)
  • Favorite snack: Diet Mountain Dew
  • Hobbies: Reading, blogging and playing with my little ones
  • Favorite parenting Bible verse: Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind to one another; tenderhearted, forgiving one another as Christ forgave you"
I grew up Episcopalian but did not have a personal relationship with Jesus until I was 30 years old. While in China adopting Lottie, God whispered to me that He desired for our family to be missionaries. My husband was a pastor of a small Baptist church in Texas for eight years.  We always thought we would go back to China but He had other plans and we live in Mexico City. Thank goodness because Spanish is much easier to learn than Mandarin!

In the last two years as we have lived away from the states and our family and all of the things that made us feel comfortable, we have had to search deep in our hearts and realize where our joy really comes from....it comes from the Lord. In the past six months we have made an effort to be missional with all of our words and actions. I hope to share some of the things that the little ones and I have been working on and I hope to learn from you also.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you agreed to join me in this blog community! We have so much to learn from your experience having already raised 2 children who love God and from your experience as a career missionary.

    ReplyDelete